Monday, January 12, 2009

How To Assess A Life-

How does one assess their life? Were you successful? Does it matter how many people show up at your funeral or how many friends you have on Facebook? How many lives have you touched? Do you have a legacy that will carry on? - and does that matter so long as you've paid some positive things forward, so that others can do the same?
Well, as a gay man who does not now see himself having shildren of my own, I know that my family name will not carry on except through my brothers and their families. I do think that I would have made a good parent- likely one of those slightly over-protective but very caring parents. I have to say that if there's one thing that I do not understand in this day and age, is how people have kids who do not really seem to be interested in helping their kids become great people and positive citizens of the world. I know that sounds lofty, but today it is a relatively easy thing to do. Open the world up to them and let them know about the endless possibilities are for them.

No comments: