Thursday, November 13, 2008

My GRATEFUL List . . .


I have decided to do a list, once every couple of weeks, to outline the things I am grateful for in my life. I think it is important to look closely- not at what things need work- but at what IS working well in life. I have many reasons to be grateful, and the list below is just the beginning of what should be a number of posts on the subject.

Here goes . . . . .

I am grateful to be in good health. I am 41- have few aches and pains - have no known allergies or illnesses - may not be the most fit person around, but live day to day without any real pain. I am grateful to wake up almost every morning after a good night's sleep. I am grateful that other than the odd cold or flu, my health is good.

I am grateful for a family that is very close. I have taken for granted how lucky I really am. I have a family that is close in proximity and in terms of spending time together. My family all live within 30 minutes or so from me. They have been there to support me in times of need and are always supportive and can be great cheerleaders too when needed. It is great to be able to spend time just being with all of them. A close family is something many people do not have and many more wish for all the time.

I have often said that I would rather have one really good friend, than . . . . Well, unconventional as it may be, I do have a friend who amazes me on a regular basis. I am lucky enough to have a friend who accepts me for who I am. I have a friend who I can trust with anything. I would do anything for this friend and he means the world to me. We can talk about anything and everything, but also can sit in silence and just enjoy each other's company. Being together just feels right. I care for this person more than he may ever know. I would do anything for him and am very grateful for everything we have been through so far. I can only hope this will continue to be the case. Friends are angels in disguise.
I am grateful to have a place to live. It may only be an apartment, but it is way more than many people in the world have. I have a place to lay my head at night. I have hot water, a place to cook, I have THINGS, too many things likely, but things that make me happy. I have a place to relax, a place to work, watch movies, be with friends and be myself. I have a roof over my head and for that I am grateful.
I am grateful that one of my athletes did not get seriously hurt the other night. This athlete, who is extremely talented, was injured doing something he is very capable of doing. Simple mistake and it could have been a major injury. Luckily he has some bruising and some pain, muscular strains but nothing life-changing. I am very grateful that someone was looking out for this young man the other day.
To Be Continued . . . .

No comments: