Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Question- Is Love ALWAYS unequal ?





Lately I've been thinking- It seems to me that when thinking of love and relationships- one person always seems to be more "in-love" than the other. Not to say that Love is one-sided, but there doesn't seem to be an equal love. Am I wrong?

I know of many marriages- successful and not-so-much, that have seemingly an unequal balance in terms of love. By that I mean that one person seems to love the other more. One person seems to put more time and energy into making the relationship work. This brings a number of other questions to the forefront.

1. Does one person always persue the other? or Does it ever happen where there is a big, mutual attraction at the same time?

2. Does it ever happen where both people in a relationship want out at the same time?

3. Does the person who is "loved more" ever take advantage of their situation and use the other's love against them?

4. Can the person who is not as "in-love" ever grow in their love for the other person?

5. Is the "more-loved" person always happier than the other? Is the person who loves more concerned about possibly losing more if the relationship doesn't work?

I really do think I have found something here and I do believe this to be a true phenomenon. Is there anything out there to back this up? Am I lost? Let me know your thoughts- I'd be very glad to hear what you think.

No comments: