Monday, October 5, 2009

Disappointed- What Cheers Me Up???



















Well- I've had a few days recently where I've been a bit disappointed in the world. I guess the world itself is not the problem- and I get mad at myself for allowing certain things that I cannot change to bother me. I hate that my happiness depends on someone else- I KNOW this should NOT be the case. I close all e-mails with "Happiness Depends on Us!" and here I am falling victim to being upset because someone close to me always seems to have the control. I'm not even sure I am explaining this well- but it's tough one.
Anyways- more on that later- for now I am going to post some pictures that make me happy. If any of the pictures posted makes you feel happy or speaks to you in some way, please feel free to comment!
Ok, so now looking at the pictures I have chosen to post - I realize how crazy and strange the mix is! Any of you who have been following along [and I have 1 follower officially- which is okay as I never intended for this to be public] will know that beaches, sun, sand, waves etc. all make me happy. So, of course some of the pics show those things.
I coach for a living- something I love on most days- something that has been good to me in many ways- but something I would definitely caution people about. Anyways, I do have much respect for athletes in general- but gymnasts, divers, dancers in particular. I cannot believe the bounds that people can push and the artistry that is portrayed when watching these athletes. There are a couple of pictures showing athleticism- one of a diver- the other of a gymnast just walking on a beach. Even in something as simple as that- there is real beauty.
Finally, a pet peeve of mine . . . I tend to get discouraged when I see people who seem to feel they are the exceptions, they are more entitled than others or that rules just don't apply to them. I hate it when people park in handicapped spaces when they are fully capable of walking the extra even 50 feet to go shop. People who park in the "No parking- Tow Away Zone" right in front of a store irk me even more- seriously- what if everyone decided they were going to do that?? No one would be able to get into the place- I just do not get it- anyways- so I posted the sign- which I would LOVE to actually see posted- just to make people think a bit more- unfortunately I think it is the people doing this that would not think it even applies to them- they are so self-absorbed.
Ok- so not sure I am any happier now after that last rant- hmm- maybe I'll look for more. Let me know what you think . . .

No comments: