Monday, October 5, 2009

FREE HUGS - Don't be Afraid







So by now, most people have seen the "Free Hugs" Campaign video(s) on YouTube. Well- I think this is an awesome idea and it has been a long time coming! Europeans have been doing the double-kiss greeting for years. It has even caught on a bit here in North America- moreso in Canada I believe- especially in Quebec! Personally, I think this is a great thing.
Human contact is one of the necessities of a fulfilled life. A strong, full-embrace, warm hug, - well there's just nothing better. It's the physical way of saying "I'll protect you" Hi, I care", "Really nice to see you", "I've missed you" "I love you". Wow! One gesture can be such a positive thing!
It would be nice to see people, especially guys get over the fact that this is not a sexual advance, it should not threaten their sexuality- it is human contact- between friends, acuaintances, family and yes, of course, lovers too. Hug someone. You'll be glad you did. One hug, like a picture, can be worth 1000 words.
Remember- Something as simple as a hug can change somone's day. I Dare you!!

No comments: