Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New York City 2009








Well- I am now dreaming of getting back to NYC- not likely til next year, but of course, why not start planning now. I have now been to NYC 2 times now and those trips were great! Of course the company you keep helps a lot- but NYC is absolutely incredible. And with so much to offer, I feel I have barely scratched the surface. The New Years thing was a bit of a zoo- especially not really knowing what to expect. The long weekend in Septemeber was amazing- fabulous weather, time to see so many different things than the first time- or see the same things in a different light. Well trip number three is on the horizon.

With a background in art and design, I know there are things I have missed. The next time I go to NYC I vow to:

1. get to the top of the Rockefeller Centre- to get some great views of Central Park from above.

2. get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art [there was a great architrctural exhibit of small, modern homes last time I was there- but we did not have time to go]

3. get to the Museum of Modern Art

4. peruse the Museum of Sex- which I just found out is there
5. get to the Guggenheim Museum

6. take the Circle Line Sightseeing tour by boat

7. get to Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Abercrombie & Fitch's flagship store

8. see if I can find the "What Not to Wear" studio

I am sure I will add to this list- but for now it's a start.

No comments: