Wednesday, October 29, 2008

When You Have a Rough Day-





Not that today was a particularly bad day- but it was one of those ordinary days where nothing new and exciting happens- nothing bad but nothing really good either. What do you do when you have one of "those" days.

Waking up to the sun streaming in through my window, doing 5 loads of laundry in 1.5 hrs first thing this am, making a nice leisurely lunch, a short drive to work through the fall colors, a few smiling faces who seem to appreciate an effort at work, a chat with my mom and some time to read a great, new novel before bed. Not the most-exciting day ever, but nothing to complain about. I am imagining this is what retirement might be- minus the work part of course.

Do you feel better waking up to sun or a good thunderstorm? I LOVE falling asleep to strong winds and crazy rain and then waking up to the brightest sun you've ever seen.

I love the sense of accomplishment after letting laundry pile up for a few weeks and then getting it all done in less than 2 hours.

I really enjoy cooking- so taking the time to make a meal and sit and enjoy it is something to cherish. Getting to work, which used to take me 45+ minutes now takes less than 20 most days. It is especially nice when the roads are clear and the leaves have turned. Fall is a way better option than winter anyday!

Feeling like you actually get through to someone at work and make a diffrence, that is cool. It doesn't happen every day, but when it does, it at least makes you consider yourself lucky.

Staying in touch with family of course is an important thing for most people, so takingthe time to see how a family member's day went is important. I talk to my mom almost every day - just to check in- see how she's doing and see how the rest of the family is. I enjoy the updates and the chance to chat with someone who unconditionally loves and supports me.

Finally, after watcvhing a bit of TV and checking e-mail, I get ready for bed and grab my new novel. There is nothing that puts me to sleep like reading laying down. I read a few chapters, turn out the light and drift off. Nice way to end the day I think. Well- we'll have to see how tomorrow goes. If there's something cool- great. But, if it turns out that it is a "normal" day, that's just fine! Not every day can be New Year's!

No comments: